Why hire from us?
Larkspur has been crafted to offer high quality accommodation as opposed to the box standard fit out of the larger fleet hire companies. Please read our testimonials from our customers this season!
Our boat comprises
- two heating systems (one being the wood burner for those cold english nights!)
- two hot water heating systems
- quality soft furnishing from Toast, John Lewis and Cabbages and Roses
- gas cooker and fridge/freezer
- 240V inverter
- Towels, Bed linen and diesel included
- Just bring food and drink!
- Pet allergy free – we are almost the only company not to accept pets to keep the boat in pristine condition!
Widebeam spacious boat!
Larkspur is a widebeam canal boat being ten feet wide as opposed to 6 feet wide (the standard hire boat size) . Ten feet wide offers excellent accomodation space but also is still enjoyable to navigate!
She is also 65 feet long which gives clients the most comfortable living quarters for their cruising holiday to eat, sleep, and entertain!
Once you hire a widebeam you will not want anything smaller!
She is no more difficult to drive either!
Canal boat Tuition and Health and Safety
We offer clients as much tuition operating and navigating a canal boat as they need. When we hand over the boat we only do so when we are adamant the client is happy. This usually takes between 1-2 hours from arrival which includes steering, mooring, slowing down, turning around and canal regulations.
A further hour is spent in lock training where we usually take clients to Bath top lock to show them an in depth practical demonstration in taking the boat through both locks and turning it around!
Our Health and Safety guidance and procedures are second to none to make sure you enjoy your holiday as much as possible. We provide life jackets, a life ring and comprehensive training in all aspects of cruising and staying on a canal boat.